[rt-users] New to RT and need help with RT_SiteConfig.PM

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.net
Mon May 11 17:28:39 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am brand new to RT request tracker.  I am using the installation guide for CentOS 5.1 /RHEL 5.1 to install RT 3.6.6.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/Rhel5InstallGuide

I am stuck at the point where it wants me to configure the variables in /etc/rt3/RT_SiteConfig.pm.  The name of the server I am configuring for RT is "rtsrv01.domain.local."  The website I want to use is http://rt3.domain.local.  For the dbuser, do I want to use "root" or should I create another dbuser for RT?  If so, what DB Permissions should I set?  Lastly, I want the "htmldir" to be /opt/rt3/html not the default /usr/share/rt3/html.  Where would I change that?

Thank you for your assistance.

Eric Chatham