[rt-users] Installing and Using ExternalAuth

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu May 14 12:17:45 EDT 2009

Eric Chatham wrote, On 5/14/09 11:35 AM:
> [...]
[...]
>> 3 possibilities:
>>
>> 1. This is because of the version mismatch.
>> 2. That RT.pm is not the RT.pm you are looking for, i.e. it is not the
>> top-level module for Request Tracker.
>> 3. That RT.pm is not readable by the install process. (one might achieve
>> such an oddity with something like SELinux)
>
> Speaking of SELinux, the instructions I followed say to "disable" this.
> Does it matter if I chose the "permissive" level?

Dunno. I don't handle a lot of Linux machines, and none of them use SELinux
at all. My RT lives in a FreeBSD jail.

 > Also, I saw a question
> asked earlier on the mailing list. Is there a way to integrate both LDAP and
> non-LDAP?

With V0.08, the sample config file says:

   # If this is set to 1, then users should be autocreated by RT
   # as internal users if they fail to authenticate from an
   # external service.
   Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    0);

I don't know if that works...