[rt-users] "No object mapping for field" when referencing the UserObject of a MembersObject...

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:11:10 EDT 2009

As group may have another group as meber as well as user, so records
in GroupMembers and CachedGroupMembers objects reference Principals.

If you are looking for users only that are members of a group then
it's easier to do the following:

my $group = ...
$group->Load...

my $users = $group->UserMembersObj;
while ( my $user = $users->Next ) {
}

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Johnathan Bell
<johnathan.bell at baker.edu> wrote:
> Please let me know if this is supposed to go to RT-Users or RT-Devel.
>
> I'm trying to write a utility to interface with Request Tracker, and
> part of what that utility has to do is get the members of some user
> created groups. Just sub in actual groups for what you want in there,
> CurrentUser works and is already initialized by the time my program gets
> here. Mostly borrowing this code from the old rtimportldap script, I
> came up with this:
>
> --code--
>    # RT Group
>    $groupObj = new RT::Group($CurrentUser);
>    $groupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup($groupName);
>    $groupObj->Id() || die "Group ".$groupName." not found in
> RequestTracker";
>
>    $groupMembersObj = $groupObj->MembersObj();
>    print $groupObj->Id().":".$groupObj.":".$groupMembersObj.":"
>        .$groupMembersObj->Next()->UserObj()."\n"; ## This creates an error
>    while ( $groupMember = $groupMembersObj->Next() )
>    {
>        $groupMemberUser = $groupMember->UserObj();
>        print $groupMemberUser->Name()."\n"; ## This does too
>        #$memberName = $groupMemberUser->Name();
>        #push(@rtMembers, $memberName);
>    }
> --/code--
>
> What it seems is that GroupObj->MembersObj()->Next()->UserObj() causes
> the problem, as UserObj() returns, not a UserObject, but a string
> stating "No object mapping for field" Attempting to use the Name()
> function of course doesn't work because "No object..."->Name() doesn't
> make sense... What's going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Johnathan
>
> --
> Johnathan Bell
> Internet System Administrator, Baker College

Best regards, Ruslan.