[rt-users] How to add attachments (not links) with a template to an outgoing mail?

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 22 10:02:09 EST 2009

Hi Tom,
the easy way is to sent out 2 mails, one with the needed attachmentes and
the first with the ticket history.

Let me explain why we needed this and why we have done it in this way:

In this queue, we are talking with a customer Ticket System. We move tickets
from our "normal" queue to this queue at a specific point and we need to
sent the whole history and all attachments. So, we trigger OnQueueChange -
here the RT-Attache-Message don't work,  but we can sent all the history at
this step.

Now we get back from the customer system a automatic mail with their ticket
number, we parse this and make sure with some scrips that from now both
tickets talk about the same. after this OnCorrespond Condition, we can use
the RT-Attach-Message function and we are now able to sent all the Ticket
attachments also to the customer into the correct ticket.

Thats it.

Torsten

2009/11/20 Tom Lahti <toml at bitstatement.net>

> Brumm, Torsten / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham MI-ID wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > thanks for the hint. in the mean time we found a easy way to do this ;-)
> >
> > Torsten
>
> Out of curiousity, what is that easy way, in case we ever need that here?
>
> --
> --
>   Tom Lahti, SCMDBA, LPIC-1
>   BIT LLC