[rt-users] QuickSearch Too Slow - rt-3.6.0

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Thu Nov 26 03:03:39 EST 2009

Umasankar Pandurangan wrote:
> Just wanted to check if there are any ways to optimize it that I am not aware of.
>
> Indeed, we are planning to migrate it to a dual quad core, 4GB RAM server soon. I will also upgrade RT to the most recent version then.
>
> On Tue 24.Nov'09 at 13:01:39 +0530, Umasankar Pandurangan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I am using RT v3.6.0 on RHEL AS 3 with Oracle 9i as the back-end database on a Pentium server with 1GB of RAM. This RT instance is hosting two business
>> applications and there are close to 1200 queues on it.

Depending on how 'soon' is you might have your DBA have a look at the
queries logged in the SGA to see if there are any that can be optimised
by using an additional index. I'm on Oracle10g and came from 9i and know
from experience that the optimiser in those versions got a good overhaul
which helped RT quite a bit. Keep in mind though that QuickSearch is
doing lots and lots of small queries so don't be surprised that your 10x
faster machine only displays this widget 2x faster.

Regards,

Joop