[rt-users] template localization

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun Nov 29 17:11:22 EST 2009

François,

> I'm from Québec, Canada and here is really bilingual (french/english)
>
> I'm trying to provide my clients with a ticket system in their
> language and most of my client will only use the email and not the web
> interface so I have to use french also in email communication.  The
> solution I have found, is to create 2 queues, 1 with French template
> and 1 with English template.  I don't really like the fact that I will
> have to said to my client write their if you want french support and
> their if you want english support.

The problem here is that RT currently sends one message to all
recipients. So if you have two requestors on a ticket and one is an
Anglophone and the other is Francophone, you'll have a problem.

Most commonly, folks just put multiple languages in one template. It's
not ideal, but it would take a bit of work to extend RT to do one
template per recipient.

-Jesse