[rt-users] RTFM and a space in my $organization

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 1 11:30:46 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 03:52:56PM -0400, Sul, Young L wrote:

> We want to start using RTFM, so I installed it today without any problems (I believe version 2.4.2).
>
> I encounter an error when trying to send a response with an included RTFM article:
>
> Can't call method "Id" on an undefined value at /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-FM/lib/RT/URI/fsck_com_rtfm.pm line 133.
>
> The requestor (and watchers, etc) never get any mail.
>
> Looking through the lists, it *seems* the problem has to do with $Organization. Mine has a space in it (from my RT_SiteConfig.pm):
>
> Set( $rtname, 'FOO-HelpDesk');
> Set($Organization , "FOO I.T.");
>
> (This was set long before my time)
>
> So, if the RTFM error is indeed due to the space, what are my options? I did see this article in the wiki:
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RenameInstance
>
> but this seems to be related to $rtname and not $Organization.
>
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you don't have any Links between tickets (look in your Links
database table) fix you Organization.  If you do have Links, they'll
need some fixing.

From the documentation in RT_Config.pm:

ou should set this to your organization's DNS domain. For example,
I<fsck.com> or I<asylum.arkham.ma.us>. It's used by the linking
interface to
guarantee that ticket URIs are unique and easy to construct.

I'm going to guess that FOO I.T. is not your domain name

-kevin