[rt-users] Supervisors on Queues and Mail feedback

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 1 12:34:42 EDT 2009

Andrea,

We have over 100 queues with the same type of supervisory setup. What we
do is make each supervisor (we call them Queue managers) of a Queue the
"AdminCc" Watcher of that queue. Then we can assign different privileges
to each of them as is needed and it doesn't affect any other Queue
managers. We also have two basic types of groups for EACH Queue; a
"Support" group and a "User" group. The Queue manager is a member of the
"support" group and, of course, has all the privileges that the support
group has PLUS the extra ones we allow for being the Queue manager.
This setup ALSO allows us to set/not set different notification scrips
on a queue-by-queue basis. Those that want 'em, get 'em.
Anyway, that's the way we do it and it works fine for us. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL