[rt-users] Web interface configuration question

Easyrider Inquiry Inquiry at Easyrider.com
Mon Oct 5 21:58:26 EDT 2009

Bennett, Bevan (IS) wrote:
> So adding the SetHandler directive for the images directory didn't fix
> your logo? That's what did it for me.
> I'd help more explicitly, but I don't have fastCGI and don't want to
> figure out how to install it. (mod_perl came in a handy package for my
> distro).
>
> The difference between sessions logged in prior and subsequent sounds
> like there's some server still running that hasn't gotten the memo.
> Did you reload httpd, or fully stop and start it? Is there a separate
> fastCGI service that needs to have it's head/cache examined?
I had major graphics displaying issues previously.  I think the NOAUTH
location section fixed that.  The Logo is coming out of settings in
RT_siteconfig.pm which I think still has problems being loaded correctly.

I stopped everything RT related, checked for orphans and started back up
again.  I don't understand any of this cgi stuff but is ExecCGI in your
directory example correct?

I think this is VERY close to working correctly.  Just a matter of
finding the right httpd.conf combination

The following works perfectly except that it runs out of the root
Shows correct WebLogo
Requires $WebPath = ''";

# ----- START --------

NameVirtualHost *:80
  <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName backup.easyrider.com
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
    ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
</VirtualHost>

# ------ END -------

The following runs perfectly out of /helpdesk *IF* you are already
logged in.  Otherwise you get sent immediately to
/var/www/html/index.html as soon as you hit the login button:
WebLogo does not display and the alt text displays best practical which
is no longer in RT_siteconfig.pm
Requires $WebPath = '/helpdesk';

# ----- START --------

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html">
  Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
  AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName backup.easyrider.com
  DocumentRoot /var/www/html

  ScriptAlias /helpdesk /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
  AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

  <Location /helpdesk>
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    SetHandler fastcgi-script