[rt-users] Add "My Requests" to RT at a Glance

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Wed Oct 14 14:30:54 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 19:00 -0400, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 06:17:45PM -0400, Jason A. Smith wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, there is one more step, since now when going to my Home
> > page, I see this error message:
> >
> > Predefined search My Requests not found
> >
> > So, logged in to the web interface as the RT admin (so all users would
> > see this saved search), I went to the Tickets->Advanced page and entered
> > this Query:
> >
> > Requestor.id = '__CurrentUser__' AND (  Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' )
> >
> > Hit the Apply button and saved the search under RT System's saved
> > searches with the Description: "My Requests"
>
> This is all that should be required, since you'll see a Saved Search:
> My Requests on the homepage editing UI

Okay, I see it, but maybe because I saved it under the RT System's saved
searches, it appears in the list above the other available saved
searches, but without "Saved Search:" prepended to it.

It is somewhat of a pain to have to first create that saved search
before having this available on the home page since I would think it
would be a very common thing to want to add.  Since this is available to
SelfService users, why can't it be made easier for privileged users to
have access to the same thing?

Thanks,
~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |