[rt-users] RT 3.8.4 - Searches using "RT at a glance" via https error.

Eric Coleman eric.coleman at re-questinc.com
Tue Sep 1 14:57:52 EDT 2009

We recently implemented SSL via our F5 load balancer.  Since the F5 is
handling the SSL encryption and decryption I assumed no changes would be
required for RT/Apache. Everything except actions performed from the "RT at
a glance" tool bar work as expected.  I've tested changing the Web.pm (as
discussed by Ruslan, James and Benno in the "Using https in web interface
results sometimes in "Bad Request"" thread (hardcoded https).  Changing the
Web.pm has stopped the requests from being re-directed to http and the URL
looks correctly formed, just not returning results as expected.

Since the original URL/IP is still available I'm able to verify that
searches still work there.  When I search on ticket 260 I see the following
URL return:

http://x.x.x.x:8080/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=260

When I search from the https site I'm seeing this url error:

https://x.abc.com/rt/Search/Simple.html?q=260

I'd appreciate any direction that can be provided.

Thank you,

Eric

Versions:

RT Version - 3.8.4

Perl Version - v5.8.5 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

Oracle - 10.2.0.4 - Enterprise Edition

OS - Linux app02.server.com 2.6.9-67.0.0.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Sun Nov 18 >
00:23:42 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux