[rt-users] problem with Attachments table prevents DB dump

Gary Hall hall at fas.sfu.ca
Wed Sep 9 12:26:14 EDT 2009

Folks,

For the past couple of days the mysqldump command that I use to back up
my RT database has been failing with the following message:

mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when
dumping table `Attachments` at row: 216061

I'm running mysqldump thusly:

mysqldump --defaults-extra-file=/etc/mysql/backup_creds.cnf
--default-character-set=binary --opt --flush-logs --databases rt3_fas

If anyone has any insight into what may be causing this problem and how
it may be remedied, I'd be grateful to hear from him or her.

Regards,

Gary Hall
Faculty of Applied Sciences
Simon Fraser University