[rt-users] Creating tickets from mails without usercreation

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Thu Sep 10 23:19:44 EDT 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Jerrad Pierce wrote:

>> - If creating users is inevitable on initial import of mails, then it should
>>  be possible for the user to be autoremoved again after the ticket
>>  which created them has been removed.
> I agree: http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=13758
> We have several special system users, and a user having no tickets
> is not an adequate filter for cleaning out lusers with Shredder, and it
> doesn't offer appropriate limits so we have to be careful to manually
> uncheck each of them when shredding users.

Related to this automatic creation, I'm having a problem with people
thinking that they should log in with their username portion of their
email address.  This leads to users having two accounts: one with and one
without the domain.  I would like to enforce username == emailaddress.
How can I do this?

Note: I'm expecting the RT book to arrive any day, so if it's in the book,
please kindly say what page.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu