[rt-users] SetStatus and SetOwner scrip question

Mike Johnson Mike.Johnson at NorMed.ca
Fri Sep 25 13:52:50 EDT 2009

Thank you very much Ken.

I am new to coding custom action codes, and didn't see the part where you need to tell the script to move on from custom action prep. on this page ...

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/WriteCustomAction

I was trying to move too fast :P.

Thx for pointing that out.

It is definitely working now.

Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON   P7B 5E1
Phone: 807.766.7331
Email: mike.johnson at normed.ca
Technology assistance: email nosmhelpdesk at normed.ca
Technology Emergency Contact (TEC) Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm excluding stat holidays:
Off campus toll free 1-800-461-8777, option 8, or locally either
(705)-662-7120 or (807)-766-7500

>>> Ken Crocker <kfcrocker at lbl.gov> 25/09/2009 12:19 pm >>>
Mike,

You didn't get my code correct. You forgot the "Force". (NO, I'm NOT saying "may the force be with you", gaagh!).
Also, when creating a scrip, you must keep in mind that when you define the condition as :User-Defined", you SHOULD end with a return code in both the "Prep" & "Cleanup" areas. Since my code is in the "Cleanup" area, I have a "return 1;" in the "Prep" area. That way RT knows to continue on to the cleanup area. So, to re-cap, your code should look something like this:

Condition: On whatever
Action: User-Defined

Custom Prep Code:
Return 1;