[rt-users] Removing attachments from tickets

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Apr 1 05:20:33 EDT 2010

This is probably a FAQ, but I'm afraid I didn't find it written up as one.

In the interest of keeping the database size down, I would like to be
able to remove attachments folks have sent in from tickets without
disturbing the tickets themselves in any other way.  I seem to remember
having done this once by looking up something and updating the content
of the field that contained the attachment to be NULL, but I didn't
write it up at the time and can't remember for the life of me.

Is there a better way to do this?  If not, I'd appreciate a run-through
on how to do it again.

Best regards,
--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,