[rt-users] Newbie Question

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:15:45 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Michael Graziano
<michael.graziano at premierheart.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> On Mar 24, 2010, at 5:46 PM, Brian Lawson wrote:
>
> He wants RT to use the email address entered as the one used for any
> correspondence, not the address for the username.
>
> I'm not sure I follow.  Configured as I describe above messages sent from RT
> will come from the queue email address, and reply-to will point at the queue
> email address. (The typical format for the "from name" is "John Doe (via
> RT)", but you can change this easily).
>
> You COULD hack around this & override the From/Reply-To addresses, but if
> you specify an address that rt-mailgate isn't watching then correspondence
> will bypass RT, which defeats the purpose of a ticketing system...

      We do something similar at work. We did edit the "from name" to
be something like "BoogerEater Support," while the From/Reply-To email
address is, say, support at nomnom.com; each support member then signs
his/hers/its replies and that's that. Everyone on the support group
sees the replies in their inboxes or through RT's webpage.