[rt-users] Problem configuring RT Timezone

Kim Covil covilk at lmax.com
Wed Apr 14 14:07:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am having a bizarre problem configuring the Timezone I want RT to
display in the Web UI. It doesn't seem to be related to the other issues
I have seen in the archives or wiki.

The system hosting RT has its timezone set to UTC. I want RT to display
the BST timezone for Europe/London (GMT +1) in the web interface and on
emails. I am happy for UTC to continue to be used for all logs and
database entries.

I have added the following line to etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set( $Timezone , 'Europe/London');

I have checked that this is a valid timezone as it exists in
/usr/share/zoneinfo:

# ls -la /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London
-rw-r--r-- 7 root root 3661 Jun 20  2009 /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London

I can see this configuration change is loaded correctly when I go to
http://<rt-server>/Admin/Tools/Configuration.html

I have also manually set my users "About Me" preference for timezone to
"Europe/London +0100" from the drop down list.

None of this seems to have any effect on the display of times for
existing tickets in the web ui.

What am I missing? Is there something else I should try?

Here are are the system versions:
RT version: 3.8.6
OS: CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.18-128.1.16.el5xen #1 SMP Tue Jun 30 06:39:23 EDT 2009
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Perl: 5.8.8
Apache: httpd-2.2.3-22.el5.centos.1

Is there anything else useful to provide?

Kind Regards,

Kim

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.