[rt-users] Trouble with CommandByMail

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 15 17:51:13 EDT 2010

To list,

I have a bit of a problem. CommandByMail is working well with email from
privileged users. However, when I send in an email from my yahoo account, it
being non-LDAP and therefore doesn't exist in my USERS Table, it creates a
never-ending mailer daemon loop and my yahoo account gets hundreds and
hundreds of emails saying it couldn't get any user info on it.

What I expected to happen was for RT to reject the email as unprivileged and
an email notice stating that fact, but one-time only.

Does anyone have a way around this problem?

We definitely need to have CommanByMail but we don't want people to get
endless error email either.

Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL