[rt-users] Search results anomaly

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Mon Apr 26 12:47:22 EDT 2010

On 4/26/2010 12:29 PM, Raed El-Hames wrote:
> Jeff;
>
> Does your CLI user have permissions on the queue that ticket 39 is in??
> login to the web interface with the same cli user and see if you can
> view the ticket.

Yes, it does.

Again, however, this is not really a report about an anomaly in
the RT CLI.

The incorrect search results are returned via a web GUI search
of "Content matches foo.com"

Here, maybe this makes it more clear, showing the same problem
when using the RT CLI:

[root at rtsrv1 etc]# /apps/rt/bin/rt list "Content like foo.com"
Query:Content like 'foo.com'
Ticket Owner Queue    Age   Told Status Requestor Subject
     23   mbs Incid   1 wk        resolv enVision@ alert -NICAlert-Secur
[root at rtsrv1 etc]#

[root at rtsrv1 etc]# /apps/rt/bin/rt show 39 | grep foo.com
foo.com blah blah... 1 line... not including in this email
[root at rtsrv1 etc]#

[root at rtsrv1 etc]# /apps/rt/bin/rt show 23 | grep foo.com
foo.com blah blah... not including in this email
foo.com matching lines 66 more times... not including in this email
[root at rtsrv1 etc]#