[rt-users] Problem configuring RT Timezone

Kim Covil covilk at lmax.com
Tue Apr 27 12:45:53 EDT 2010

Thanks Ruslan,

That fixed it for us.

It has however revealed a different issue.

The date formatter RFC2616 (HTTP) seems to be doing something strange
with the timezone. From lib/RT/Date.pm:

sub RFC2616 {
     my $self = shift;
     my %args = ( Date => 1, Time => 1,
                  @_,
                  Timezone => 'utc',
                  Seconds => 1, DayOfWeek => 1,
                );

     my $res = $self->RFC2822( @_ );
     $res =~ s/\s*[+-]\d\d\d\d$/ GMT/ if $args{'Time'};
     return $res;
}

If RFC2822 returns an accurate timezone offset (+0100) this formatter
seems to just strip it and add the letters GMT afterwards. So what we
are seeing is that now timezone processing is correct using
Europe/London we are seeing BST times (GMT+1) with the letters GMT after
them which is incorrect.

Regards,

Kim

On 27/04/10 17:10, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> Hello Kim,
>
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Kim Covil<covilk at lmax.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Ruslan,
>>
>> Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in replying. You are
>> correct it does seem to be an issue with mod_perl and ENV being untied.
>
> That's it.
>
>> I found another reference to this issue here:
>>
>> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/perl-mod_perl/3594080
>>
>> What would be the suggested way of fixing this for our RT installation?
>> Should I try and write a module as suggested in the above link to override
>> the localtime functionality?
>
> Recently we discovered another issue with mod_perl and starting to
> recommend "SetHandler modperl" instead of "SetHandler perl-script".
> Just change the latter to the following:
>
> PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
> SetHandler modperl
>
> This will fix issue with timezones on mod_perl 2.x and as well protect
> you from other bug. Note that this only works with forking MPM
> (usually it's default setup). For threaded MPMs I suggest to use
> FastCGI.
>
> I suggest all people on mod_perl 2 to try it, it's sligtly faster as well.
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kim

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.