[rt-users] Problem configuring RT Timezone

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:10:41 EDT 2010

Hello Kim,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Kim Covil <covilk at lmax.com> wrote:
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in replying. You are
> correct it does seem to be an issue with mod_perl and ENV being untied.

That's it.

> I found another reference to this issue here:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/perl-mod_perl/3594080
>
> What would be the suggested way of fixing this for our RT installation?
> Should I try and write a module as suggested in the above link to override
> the localtime functionality?

Recently we discovered another issue with mod_perl and starting to
recommend "SetHandler modperl" instead of "SetHandler perl-script".
Just change the latter to the following:

PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
SetHandler modperl

This will fix issue with timezones on mod_perl 2.x and as well protect
you from other bug. Note that this only works with forking MPM
(usually it's default setup). For threaded MPMs I suggest to use
FastCGI.

I suggest all people on mod_perl 2 to try it, it's sligtly faster as well.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.