[rt-users] Question about using an external SMTP server

Curtis Bruneau curtisb at vianet.ca
Tue Apr 27 15:37:10 EDT 2010

You should be able to set up postfix using the parameter 'relayhost' for
relaying, you can specify a different port if needed. This would allow
you to still use the sendmail commands to send. This is assuming you can
still receive on port 25 for MX deliveries. Otherwise you may have no
choice but to set it up on your real smtp server.