[rt-users] How to Manage a First plus Second Level Support Configuration

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Tue Aug 3 07:40:53 EDT 2010

Hi Andrea,

first of all you should have applied the custom fields to both queues.
If you then create a ticket with the create button under links, then the
custom fields values should also be copied.
You can then manually change the queue or you could try the following
extension:
http://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-spawnlinkedticketinqueue
to create the ticket in another queue.

We use even another way.
I have created an customfield (select one value).
On customfield value change I trigger an scrip that create the depending
ticket in an queue (depending on the selected value of this customfield)
and copie the other needed customfield values to that ticket.
If you want to got this way I can send you the scrip I use.

I have also tweaked our ticket create page.
If you come from the create button in link to the ticket create page
(clone a ticket), then you can change the queue.
@Jesse
Maybe you want a patch for that?

-chris