[rt-users] rt-mailgate error

Victor Victrolla victrolla at ghettocode.net
Mon Aug 9 14:54:23 EDT 2010

I've got just about everything setup with the exception of
rt-mailgate. I'm not sure if this is an abnormal setup but I've got a
forward facing MTA that contains an alias for my RT address which is
forwards to the RT maching internally called 'services'. I use a basic
sendmail setup with a unix user called 'rt' that contains a .forward
file with the rt-mailgate pipe in it.

Below is the error I receive back from sendmail on the 'services'
machine. I have 2 questions about this

1) What is causing the error. Is it the setup I have?
2) Do I need to reconfigure RT to understand that the MTA receiving
the mail for RT is services.censored.com? Or will it respect the
original address the mail was sent to?

I've tried to google the error message but it seems there are quite a
few things that can cause this and I can't seem to find a post that
matches mine.

The original message was received at Mon, 9 Aug 2010 11:41:26 -0700
from [10.2.0.54]

|/www/php5/rt.censored.com/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
correspond --url http://rt.censored.com/
   (reason: Can't create output)
   (expanded from: <rt at services.censored.com>)

550 5.0.0 |/www/php5/rt.censored.com/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
general --action correspond --url http://rt.censored.com/... Can't
create output

Final-Recipient: RFC822; rt at services.censored.com
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 73
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 11:41:28 -0700