[rt-users] Exim - simple config

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 11:10:53 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 04:02:12PM +0100, David Lane (IT Support) wrote:
> Can anyone point me a simple config for Exim on debian for incoming mail
> The sendmail old pipes way of doing it worked find for me as I put all mail
> to the same queue  (but today i pop messages but want to deliver direct to
> the rt server)
>
> I want to do it with a split configuration but not being an Exim guru really
> struggling to get a simple setup thats easily supportable
>
> 100% of the messages sent to this box should go into the general queue in RT
> so i don't need 95% of the config settings in Exim
>
> I would like to get this working rather then change the MTA

Have you seen the example configs in the Debian package's
README/NOTES.Debian? They generally should be good enough to drop
into separate files in the split configuration setup.

The trouble is that no one setup is the same as another, so it's hard
to give a perfectly general configuration, which is why they are
examples rather than shipped config that can be enabled at the press
of a button. But any improvements to that documentation (or specific
questions based on it) welcomed.

Cheers,
Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team