[rt-users] mail body: HTML with embedded CSS

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Thu Aug 26 05:54:55 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I'd like to change a few standard templates to HTML.

I've been following the instructions found in http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/SendHTMLEmail and added the "Content-Type: text/html" special header.

Unfortunately RT issues an error while parsing the CSS part in the HTML source:

[Thu Aug 26 08:18:34 2010] [error]: Template parsing error: syntax error at temp
late line 16, near "color:#000;
                background:" (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Template_Overlay.pm:420)

Am I missing something? Or there is no way to tell RT to accept CSS syntax? I cannot use an external style sheet because when the message gets emailed it won't find the stylesheet on the receivers' PC.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Bye
Cris