[rt-users] Upgrade from 3.6.1 to 3.8.8

Kevin Bailey kbailey at freewayprojects.com
Fri Dec 10 08:04:09 EST 2010

Should we upgrade or start from scratch?

We've been using RT for years and are very happy - but our system is
full of hundreds of old tickets and I set up loads of queues which
weren't needed.

We now will be upgrading our Debian server and the version of RT used
will go from 3.6.1 to 3.8.8.

How feasible is the upgrade from 3.6.1 to 3.8.8?  What would need to be
done?

If it's a bit of a hassle then I'd rather just start with a clean RT
3.8.8 install and manually create the few dozen tickets which are still
current on the old system.

Someone has mentioned updates to the DB being needed - I'd appreciate
any pointers to the SQL which would be needed.

Thanks,

Kevin Bailey