[rt-users] notification

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 10 14:55:52 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:07:32AM -0800, Kurt Engle wrote:
>    Actually found a nice example of creating a template to send out an e-mail. RTFM....
>
>    However, I am having a bit of a problem constructing the To: field. Basically, I have a
>    varialble '$toAddress' that is set to an e-mail address by some prior code.

Where in the code is it set.  It would really need to be in that
template

>    Here is my template code to construct the To: field:
>    To: { $toAddress }
>    Subject: Ticket #{ $Ticket->Id()} {$Ticket->Subject()}
>    A new ticket has been created for you in the HelpDesk Queue.
>
>    { $RT::WebURL } Ticket/Display.html?id={ $Ticket->Id() }
>
>    However, I keep getting 'recipient not found'.

In debug logging mode, RT will actually dump copies of the email being
processed into the logs, which would show you the To:

Please note that if To: is your email address and you're the actor on
this ticket while testing, you may have told RT not to send you email
in that case using $NotifyActor

-kevin