[rt-users] Assigning rights to ExternalAuth users

Jonathan Salomon jonathan at panayainc.com
Sun Dec 26 11:15:29 EST 2010

Hi all,

I've configured ExternalAuth to authenticate against our AD and this works well, i.e. any user in our AD can login to RT3 as an unprivileged user and create tickets to specific queues. I also see in the MySQL backend that a user record is created when an AD user logs in for the first time.

My problem is that these users don't show up in the Configuration-->Users  list (even when I check the include disabled users checkbox as someone suggested in some post I read). Consequently I cannot assign these users to any groups nor

In addition: is it good practice to have the normal users be unprivileged (they only need to be able to open and track their own tickets) or should I make sure every user becomes privileged when he logs in for the first time?

Thanks in advance!
Jonathan Salomon