[rt-users] File::Temp

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Wed Dec 29 12:13:51 EST 2010

I have never had any problem with RHEL5 perl updates breaking
Scalar::Util, but I do keep a separate File::Temp package installed
outside of the perl package:

# locate File/Temp.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Temp.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/File/Temp.pm

# rpm -qf /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Temp.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/File/Temp.pm
perl-5.8.8-32.el5_5.1.x86_64
perl-File-Temp-0.20-1.rhel5.noarch

My whole rt install is not done with CPAN, but with rpms that I mostly
got from EPEL, Fedora and a few odd ones, like perl-File-Temp from DAG.
  I find this a lot easier than having CPAN and rpm fight each other
over package updates.  From a sysadmin point of view, I like having
everything installed via rpms.

~Jason