[rt-users] Asset Tracker on a new install of RT

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Feb 2 00:49:46 EST 2010

Brenner, Martin wrote, On 1/28/10 2:11 PM:
> We have an old instillation of RT 3.4.2, but it was a VM given to us
> many years ago and there are things broken on the underlying Debian. So,
> instead of working hard to fix everything and then upgrade, we decided
> to start from scratch and build a new VM.
>
> I got 3.8.7 up and running on an Ubuntu 9.04 "box" with the LDAP add-on
> working. We really need something that handles our inventory integrated
> into our ticketing system, so we were going to try AssetTracker out.
>
>  From some of the posts on the AT google site, it sounds like only
> 1.2.4b1 works with RT 3.8.x. got it downloaded and configured (we didn't
> do the patch mentioned in the README since posts I saw said it wan't
> needed) but when we try make install, we get the following error:
>
> [crit]: Can't locate object method "ACLEquivalenceObjects" via package
> "RTx::AssetTracker::System" at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Principal_Overlay.pm line
> 327, <DATA> line 323. (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:379)
> Can't locate object method "ACLEquivalenceObjects" via package
> "RTx::AssetTracker::System" at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Principal_Overlay.pm line
> 327, <DATA> line 323.
>
> The only similar thing I found about this was in the archives for this
> list saying to add to
>
> sub ACLEquivalenceObjects { return () }

> /opt/rt3/local/lib/RTx/AssetTracker/System.pm ( actually /opt/rt3/lib/RTx/AssetTracker/System.pm on our system)
>
> and restart apache.
>
> Did this and no luck. I'm out of my depth here, so any help would be appreciated.

Did you clear the Mason object cache as well? If you don't have DevelMode
set, there is a cache under /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/obj/ that is populated
with sub-assemblies of RT pages that are reusable by Mason for as long as
the code they use isn't changed. That cache is great for making RT faster,
but there's no validity checking: if you change code in an existing RT file
you have to remove any cache files that were built using the old code before
the changes are actually used.