[rt-users] Projects, groups, users, and priveledges

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 3 18:59:41 EST 2010

Yan,

Definitely possible. I would set up a Queue for each department. For
each Queue, set up the AdminCc as the person to manage the tickets
(modify ACL, add watchers, steal tickets, etc.). Then create a Users
group that can see the Queue, look at ticket info in the Queue but not
modify any tickets. Then create a Support group of users that can own
tickets, add comments, etc. Grant the SeeQueue, ShowTicket, &
ReplyToTicket right to the Requestors for the Queue and ModifyTicket to
the AdminCc and Owners. Populate each group accordingly. Your global
rights should be well-thought out based on your work-flow (I have some
recommendations I keep for my Admin teams). Each project should be a
ticket and all tasks under that project should be children/DependsonBy
to that parent/project ticket.
 This is just a short summary of what I would do. If you send me more
complete details of your work-flow, I'll be happy to send you some
detailed suggestions.

Kenn
LBNL