[rt-users] I can't create a ticket in RT

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Mon Feb 8 09:28:09 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 12:21:47PM -0200, Wagner Pereira wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I need some help with that: There is a Postfix MTA running in the same
> server of RT.
>
> I configured procmail to deliver the messages to rt-mailgate, but after
> some tests I still can't create a ticket through e-mail messages.
>
> This is my rt.log:

> 403 Forbidden

your webserver refuse access to RT to rt-mailgate, rt-mailgate use a
subpart of RT to POST the mail and it seems that you configured your
apache server in a way that this subpart require authentication.

are you using HTTP authentication?

if so, either allow localhost to connect without a password or create an
account and set credentials in your rt-mailgate call.