[rt-users] Auto replies create tickets

Luis E. Muñoz lem at itverx.com.ve
Mon Feb 22 06:30:05 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 06:39 +0000, n.chrysandreas at albourne.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need some feedback on this before I push any changes out to our live system.
> I need to fix this relatively soon as I have 10-12 tickets created from auto replies every day.
> I would appreciate any thoughts as it would be very helpful for me.
> [...]
> ----- "n chrysandreas" <n.chrysandreas at albourne.com> wrote:
>
> > I've found a function in ../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm that is checking
> > the headers of the emails but the value returned from the function is
> > always the same (as I understand from my limited perl skills).
> >  [...]
> > Does the above function always return "0"? [...]

No. The function returns 1 when it matches a header that is known to
mark some kind of auto-generated message. Now, I have observed that
there are automated messages that don't trigger the rule, but never
enough to have me actually go up and improve the function to catch
those. Looks like you're luckier than me.

Start by isolating a few samples of those auto-reply messages that are
indeed showing up in your queues and possibly put them somewhere where
people in the list can take a look at them (including the headers, of
course). Then post the URL here.

Regards.

-lem