[rt-users] screendumps, searching and editing

Tim Bonnell Tim.Bonnell at carringtonwire.com
Fri Jan 8 06:42:32 EST 2010

I tried RT in the Spring of 2008 and though it did most of what I
wanted, there were a couple of features (or lack of them) that made me
stop. I have searched this mailing list for an update on these features,
but have failed to find a definitive answer.

Searchable body

Include screen dumps inside request headers and solutions

Edit body text

Searchable body. I used RT to log customers problem requests, and
document the solution. I would include code snippets, error logs etc,
and would need to be able to search for these pieces in future call
requests.

Screen Dumps.I support a complex business application and encourage the
users to include a screen dump with a problem request. I would also like
to include screen dumps of the solution that were used.

Editable body text. I agree with the general principle that each stage
of progress should not be changed, however on occasion during providing
a solution, you may type a code snippet incorrectly. I need a way of
changing incorrect information.

Regards,  Tim B