[rt-users] screendumps, searching and editing

Raed El-Hames rfh at vialtus.com
Fri Jan 8 07:09:05 EST 2010

Tim;

Tim Bonnell wrote:

> Searchable body. I used RT to log customers problem requests, and
> document the solution. I would include code snippets, error logs etc,
> and would need to be able to search for these pieces in future call
> requests.

You can search for anything in RT, including content searching from
within the Query Builder (Tickets link) page.

> Screen Dumps.I support a complex business application and encourage
> the users to include a screen dump with a problem request. I would
> also like to include screen dumps of the solution that were used.

You can upload attachments to tickets , screen dumps will be
attachments? or am I missing something.

> Editable body text. I agree with the general principle that each stage
> of progress should not be changed, however on occasion during
> providing a solution, you may type a code snippet incorrectly. I need
> a way of changing incorrect information.

Considering that most probably updates will be emailed out to
individuals, you do not want the ticket text to be different to the
email sent , (ie if you do update , update emailed out, you then edit
that update , someone later login and view the ticket and notice the
update text is different to what they've received)  .. in case you want
to correct information I would recommend you do another update with the
correction (which is a more accurate change control process).
Saying that I do remember someone done a plugin/code to allow editing
update .. search the mailing list.

Regards;
Roy