[rt-users] Problems with rt 3.8.7/postgresql 8.4.2 encoding

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Mon Jan 11 07:14:28 EST 2010

On 11 Jan, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Eliezer E Chávez wrote:

> Hi Luis:
>
> Disregarding the fact that you're selling me support in this list, i
> mention you the following:

I think that was an off list message - at least I didn't get it.

> I already know that the problem is that i've created an autoresponse
> template in spanish with ascii characters that are not recognized in
> unicode format.
>
> What i want to know is how i solve this issue in PostgreSQL, cuz in
> Oracle 10gR2 dosn't happen...

You have to have created the database with a utf8 encoding (what does
\l from a psql terminal show)? Next step would be making sure that the
data you're stuffing into the DB is utf-8. If you dump an email
verbatim the sender may have set the encoding so something else. I
don't know enough about RT to say if it'll handle this translation for
you.

--
patrick