[rt-users] CentOS 5.4 Fresh Install - Perl issues following guide

L B bertignac at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 11:08:08 EST 2010

I installed many RT systems on CentOS/RHEL and now my prefered method
is installing everything with CPAN. Managing perl dependencies RPMs is
really a mess, you don't have all of them in the same repository, and
you need some updated modules bundled with the default perl RPM
package.

 I recommend just installing a default centos/redhat (with a default
perl package, updated to the last available version with yum update),
and then install the perl dependencies with CPAN and make fixdeps.

 If I remember well, this syslog module is part of the default perl
package so even if you find a recent rpm, you'll get a dependency
problem.

Get the tarball
uncompress it
./configure  with your options,
install the RPMs dependencies you need for this (not perl packages.
For example, httpd, mod_perl, graphviz etc...)
export PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT=1
make fixdeps
make testdeps
make install