[rt-users] Description of new privileges

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 14 15:45:38 EST 2010

To List,

Now that I'm playing with our new test installation of 3.8.7, I have
some questions about the new privileges. For all questions, assume ALL
Users are "Privileged":

1) When applying the "ForwardMessage" to a group of users, how is that
different than using "Reply"? does it just forward the last messagge or
all the history or what? Do they need "ReplytoTicket" and/or "Watch" or
any other permissions to do this?

2) What's the difference between "CreateDashboard" and the other
"CreateXXXDashboard" rights?

3) In fact, what are the interelationships between all the "Dashboard"
rights in terms of needing one for the other?

4) What does "SubscribeDashboard" do and how does it relate to the other
"Dashboard" rights?

5) If I do NOT apply "ShowApprovalsTab" to any Group of users, will it
disappear from ALL screens except for a "SuprUser"?

I may have more questions later, but info on these will help me a great
deal right now.

Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL