[rt-users] Fetchmail - Google Apps

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Wed Jul 7 15:57:28 EDT 2010

I'm running 5.9.0, not surei f that's current.

I ended up figuring it out...

My config lines are as such...

poll imap.gmail.com proto imap port 993:
username <mygmailusername>@mydomain.com password <mypassword> ssl mda
"/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --url
http://normedtx.lakeheadu.ca/rt3/ --queue Helpdesk --action correspond"

I got confused on which sections were server and which were user.... and the
parsing errors didn't really do it for me... I had to read the man pages
again to realize ssl went in the user section and port went in the server
section.

All good now!!

I really really wish I set this up from scratch so I knew how it worked...
This box has been running for a good 6-7 yrs, and I only logged onto it
about 1.5 yrs ago.  As soon as I logged in, apparently it became my box to
admin HAHAHA... oh well, it's nice to be wanted.

Thanks!
MIke.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 18:54, Mike Johnson <mike.johnson at nosm.ca> wrote:
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > I'm trying to setup my RT 3.2.1 and fetchmail with Google apps.
> >
> > I'm trying to find the syntax for this old verion's rtconnect.conf file.
> >
> > I need to set the port to 993 and tell it to connect using ssl.
> >
> > Can this version of RT do it?
>
> Fetchmail certainly can, if you're running a recent version (and it's
> compiled with SSL support).  Help with fetchmail is probably best done
> on the fetchmail-users mailing list, but ensure you're running the
> current release first ;)
>
> I use the following .fetchmailrc:
>
> poll pop.gmail.com
>        uidl
>        proto pop3
>        username "user" password "pass"
>        to "me" here
>        keep
>        ssl
>
> If you're not leaving mail on the server you can drop both the "uidl"
> and "keep" lines.
>
> --
>                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
>
> Rob MacGregor
>      Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he
>        doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche

Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
955 Oliver Road