[rt-users] RT performance enhancements

francois at catalyst.net.nz francois at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jul 9 18:10:33 EDT 2010

> On Fri  9.Jul'10 at 16:53:53 +1200, Francois Marier wrote:
>> I haven't tried it on RT 3.8, but I'm pretty sure you'd see similar
effects
>> since the non-optimised graphs I see from a RT 3.8 instance are very much
>> like the 3.6 ones I had.
>
> That's pretty surprising to me, as we're squishing CSS and marking static
> objects as static and cacheable and are using -moz and
-webkit-border-radius
> for the corner rounding.  I'd be curious to see what you're seeing.

On the RT 3.8.5 instance I have access to, I'm seeing this:

- no rounded corner images (unlike 3.6)
- images served statically
- css files squished
- javascript not squished
- javascript and css served by mod_perl (my guess)

a Firebug screenshot is attached.

Should I be seeing something different? Is it different in 3.8.8?

(I'll have to check how this instance is configured, but I think it's
using the default Apache mod_perl config file that ships with RT.)

Cheers,
Francois