[rt-users] RT performance enhancements

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jul 9 18:18:45 EDT 2010

On Sat 10.Jul'10 at 10:10:33 +1200, francois at catalyst.net.nz wrote:
> > On Fri  9.Jul'10 at 16:53:53 +1200, Francois Marier wrote:
> >> I haven't tried it on RT 3.8, but I'm pretty sure you'd see similar
> effects
> >> since the non-optimised graphs I see from a RT 3.8 instance are very much
> >> like the 3.6 ones I had.
> >
> > That's pretty surprising to me, as we're squishing CSS and marking static
> > objects as static and cacheable and are using -moz and
> -webkit-border-radius
> > for the corner rounding.  I'd be curious to see what you're seeing.
>
> On the RT 3.8.5 instance I have access to, I'm seeing this:
>
> - no rounded corner images (unlike 3.6)
> - images served statically
> - css files squished
> - javascript not squished
> - javascript and css served by mod_perl (my guess)

We've definitely improved caching behaviour in the past year or so
(3.8.5 was early fall 2009). The firebug profile of the first request of
index.html isn't so interesting for me. What do you see on subsequent
requests? How does it compare with what you see on
http://issues.bestpractical.com? (login as guest / guest)