[rt-users] need some explanation on rt.log data

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:10:09 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Kenneth Crocker <kfcrocker at lbl.gov> wrote:
> Asif,
>
> Sometimes, depending on the message, the number refers to the script being
> acted on or a user ID or a QueueID, etc. That's about all I know.

I applied the attached patch on /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm

and now info log generated by SendEmail.pm on rt.log shows like this

<rt-3.8.2-485-1279306601-1713.769653-174-0-4525583 at rt.example.net>

The last number is now transaction id.

On SendEmail.pm $self->TransactionObj->id has the transaction id

I like to make similar change to /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm.
What value carries the transaction id on this module?
$self->TransactionObj->id does not seem to carry that.

I read the perldoc Email.pm and could not fig out from there either.

Please help