[rt-users] need some explanation on rt.log data

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 21:08:54 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> Asif,
>
> It's message id generated by RT or message id of an incomming mail.

It looks like this message id is made out of few components like
rt version, epoch time, ticket id, scrip id and few other numbers
with `-' or `.' separated. So rest of the components are just random
numbers to compile the message id?

what part of rt code generates that? is it possible to add the transaction
id (trxID) in it too like below before sending it to rt.log. it will
help us to audit/track
activity of tickets right from the log.

rt-3.8.2-16815-1278696300-880.767036-trxID-185-0 at rt.example.net

so the format would be, to somewhat generalize

rt-versionid-randomid-epoch-randomid.ticketid-transactionid-scripid-always0 at fqdn

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?