[rt-users] User Database empty?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 22 16:51:39 EDT 2010

Please make sure to keep replies on the list.  Thanks.

On 07/22/2010 04:44 PM, Max Bern wrote:
> $ /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init
>
> is this the step you were talking about? we just tried it and it failed because root at localhost is denied entry.

No.  The step I'm talking about is running "make initdb" (or "make
initialize-database") from the source directory.  Please read the README
that comes with RT's source and follow the installation instructions.

If root at localhost is denied, then you either need to specify the correct
DBA user and password when you run ./configure or fix your MySQL
permissions configuration.

Thomas