[rt-users] User Database empty?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 22 17:46:47 EDT 2010

On 07/22/2010 05:05 PM, Max Bern wrote:
> How do I keep replies on the list? and the 'make initialize-database'
> command doesn't work with CentOS, which is what our instance of RT is
> installed upon, I thought I had said that in the original post but
> apparently not. We followed the CentOS install instructions from the RT
> Wiki to the tee, but it still doesn't recognize the default user on the
> web portal.

Reply to All, and then edit my address off leaving only the list.

If you're installing from the RPMs at http://www.tlviewer.org/rt3/ as
the wiki suggests, then please stop now.  The version available there,
3.8.2, is out of date and has known security vulnerabilities that have
been fixed in subsequent 3.8 releases.

Please download and install the latest RT 3.8.8 from source from our
website.  It contains a README with instructions.  Follow them and make
sure all the steps finish successfully, and you should have a working RT.

Thomas