[rt-users] Fetchmail Headache

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 04:10:51 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 23:19, George Simpson <simpsongeorge68 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem was that the fetchmailrc file wasn't in the install, so we made
> it. Neither could we find the fetchmail.conf from the install. Could we have
> done the yum command wrong for the installation?

No, the fetchmailrc is unique to you.  There's no way to provide you
with a relevant one without you providing a lot of information.

> and a couple of questions:
> where do we run newaliases?

On the host running postfix.

> where is the fetchmailrc file located, and what are the correct settings to
> point it to RT

Wherever you want - if you don't specify it on the command line it
needs to be in $HOME/.fetchmailrc of the user running fetchmail, which
shouldn't be root.  As for the correct settings, I just did a search
for "fetchmail" on the RT wiki and found a large number of documents
that are relevant, including:

http://rt.bestpractical.com/view/POP3Mailgate
http://rt.bestpractical.com/view/fetchmail
http://rt.bestpractical.com/view/GoogleApps

> and the command with --queue is where we got our syntax errors. does there
> have to be single quotes around the queue name?
> thanks so much, sorry for my lack of knoledge, but I've been kind of
> flustered because all I've had to work on the entire RT configuration is a
> command line only CentOS installation running on a different computer...

Do make use of the wiki - it's pretty much all we needed to get our RT
install up and running (the book came in handy a few times too).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
        doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche