[rt-users] Using queues as state? (and per-queue menu customisation?)

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Mon Jul 26 05:30:00 EDT 2010

 I've managed to get stuck with looking at emulating an existing Tivoli
TSRM process with RT. It's a somewhat complex workflow for change
management, where a request goes through a series of states, and in each
state there are different restrictions on what can happen, and who can
do it.

I'm thinking that an RT queue for each state is probably the way to do
this, with appropriate group permissions on each queue. Then some kind
of menu customisation for the actions, that push tickets into other queues.

Is there an existing way (other than a giant case statement type of
thing in /Callbacks/Ticket/Elements/Tabs) to do per-queue customisation
like this?

Has anyone else done this kind of thing? I'm torn between trying to
follow the existing stuff slavishly, and getting the actual process
simplified instead :-)

Thanks for any illumination...

Howie