[rt-users] Using queues as state? (and per-queue menu customisation?)

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 26 12:11:22 EDT 2010

Howard,

We have a specific WorkFlow that involves some automatic processes
(automatically promoting Status and sending notifications) based on a
combination of values in the Status field (and some Custom Fields) and we
had to add a couple Status values (for staging QA testing) to accomplish
this. I also helped someone else do this via different Queues with scrips
that automatically sent the ticket to a new Queue based on the values in
Status and some Custom Fields. So, there are a couple ways to do this. To
decide exactly how, would depend on what your workflow looks like, the types
of restrictions and a few other variables like who does what when and then
what (plus any exceptions to the rules). It really is important that you
work out (analyze/flowchart) the details of what you're looking for. It's
always easier to code decisions and procedures that are already worked out.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL