[rt-users] RTAddressRegexp - not clear to me

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 13:35:04 EDT 2010

Upon nearly completing my RT installation, and running:

# make initialize-database

I got the message:

==
[Tue Jul 27 17:12:29 2010] [error]: The RTAddressRegexp option is not set in the config. Not setting this option results in additional SQL queries to check whether each address belongs to RT or not. It is especially important to set this option if RT recieves emails on addresses that are not in the database or config. (/home/packages/rt-3.8.8/sbin/../lib/RT/Config.pm:343)
Now inserting data
Done inserting data
Done.
==
If I have 3 queues, ie:
support-help at bob.domain.com
sales-help at bob.domain.com
it-requests at bob.domain.com
Do I need to list all those addresses (and any future addresses) in that RTAddressRegexp option ?  Or is this only if I have something at (ie:) help at jack.somewhere.com forwarding to my RT system in which case I'd want to add:  help at jack.somewhere.com to the RTAddressRegexp option ?